2014 Komen Race for the Cure: September 21st at Wilson Stadium
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. As well as being a road race for runners, the Komen Race for the Cure is an emotionally charged event that attracts many first timers and recreational runners. The Komen Race for the Cure is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message within their communities.
Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain here in the Komen Central New Mexico Affiliate to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.
Why we need your support:
Every step counts! Your donation provides women and men in the Komen Central New Mexico Affiliate with services that have literally saved lives. You help make the following programs possible:
- Free mammograms and diagnostics
- Medical treatment for qualified breast cancer patients who cannot afford care, including surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation
- Support services including support groups, assistance with finding financial resources, prescription refills and transportation to medical appointments
- Education about the warning signs of breast cancer, methods of early detection and the latest treatment options
- Cutting edge research to find a cure for breast cancer
For help in register for our Race for the Cure, follow these simple instructions!